[Typo3-dev] Clarification about DBAL

Ries van Twisk typo3 at rvt.dds.nl
Mon Aug 23 22:05:22 CEST 2004

> Hi,
>
> I'm sorry, but I think I just noticed I have been sending some of you
> in the wrong direction :)
It's ok......

> The DBAL enabled code on preview.fishfarm.de is only the core, the
> actual DBAL extension (in it's current form) is not even in the
> package. Sorry for the confusion!!
>
> Why, you may ask. Because I didn't want to release it until it is a
> bit further tested, and (more important!) until the core changes
> needed are not approved by Kapser and part of the official CVS tree.
>
> This is why the text on preview.fishfarm.de says
>  Note that you do not need any other database than MySQL for those
>  tests!
>
> I should probably add that other databases actually won't work as
> expected...
>
> Again, sorry(!) for the confusion - I did just now notice that you all
> tried the impossible...
#^&%@&^%$@&#%$@&#^%$ :D

It happens.... no worries...

> Those wanting to test the PostgreSQL driver (which is rather stable by
> now) and that are *really* going to test and provide feedback (and I
> mean *really*, not just, like, in a way, somewhen, if and when...) can
> email me, and I'll send them the extension after I'm back in my
> hometown (after the 6th of September).

Dear Karsten,

I would *really* love to test it... in fact I was just working on get the
installer more up and running with postgresql so it can install postgresql by
default.
It's was/is just the fact that I'm not into typo3 yet and still have problems
understanding the code and how it is organised. But for now I do understand that
it is impossible to get it up and running.... right?

I want to use gis extentions available in Postgresql but in the mean time I'll
just play with the extentions found in MySQL and read about how to make a
extention in typo3...

thanks in advance

Ries