[Typo3-dev] Clarification about DBAL

Karsten Dambekalns k.dambekalns at fishfarm.de
Mon Aug 23 21:19:14 CEST 2004

Hi,

I'm sorry, but I think I just noticed I have been sending some of you
in the wrong direction :)

The DBAL enabled code on preview.fishfarm.de is only the core, the
actual DBAL extension (in it's current form) is not even in the
package. Sorry for the confusion!!

Why, you may ask. Because I didn't want to release it until it is a
bit further tested, and (more important!) until the core changes
needed are not approved by Kapser and part of the official CVS tree.

This is why the text on preview.fishfarm.de says
 Note that you do not need any other database than MySQL for those
 tests!

I should probably add that other databases actually won't work as
expected...

Again, sorry(!) for the confusion - I did just now notice that you all
tried the impossible...

Those wanting to test the PostgreSQL driver (which is rather stable by
now) and that are *really* going to test and provide feedback (and I
mean *really*, not just, like, in a way, somewhen, if and when...) can
email me, and I'll send them the extension after I'm back in my
hometown (after the 6th of September).

Regards,
Karsten

PS: Did I mention that I'd be glad to see some more sponsoring? We
invested far more time than has been paid by now... (not that we
didn't expect that ;)