[Typo3-dev] RFE: Remove profile data from images

Karsten Dambekalns k.dambekalns at fishfarm.de
Mon Aug 23 21:31:24 CEST 2004

Hi,

On 2004-08-17, Martin T. Kutschker <Martin.no5pam.Kutschker at blackbox.n0spam.net> wrote:
> Anyway, nobody with programming skills thought it was worth the hassle ;-)

I can look into this when I'm back from Latvia (after the 6th of
September) at the earliest. If nobody has done it by then (hint, hint...)

> Besides when would you apply the removal? While the image comes into
> upload? Certainly not, as it would change the image. When it comes into
> the temp directory? Fine, but you don't want to have ALL images
> duplicated in the temp directory. Sidenote: IMHO storing the images all

Well, all files that get processed go into typo3temp anyway. So I'd
add this profile removal to the processing chain - whenever an image
is scaled, combined, whatever the profile data will be removed if this
has been switched on. One could even add a switch to override a
system-wide setting for each CE that deals with images (like the
quality options, frame setting and so on).

Another (additional?) way might be a checkbox when uploading files,
that switches the removal on or off.

> in one dir. isn't such a good ideas as some filesystems have performance
> penalties with very large dirs.

Writing to a hashed directory structure would be better, that's for
sure.

Karsten