[Typo3-dev] Suitable formats?

Michael Stucki mundaun at gmx.ch
Mon Aug 23 11:45:18 CEST 2004

Hi Arne,

> Nyurgh, such overkill... just as often I'm working on my programming in
> an ssh session from an enviroment which has no support for the OOo
> formats. And to be quite honest I only fire up OOo when I really have
> to, cause even on my P4 workstation it makes everything go slow when it
> fires up. Documentation should be written in a lightweight and portable
> format (portable is the most important IMHO).

The idea behind the usage of OOo is that the data is stored in XML and can
be displayed directly in the browser. Just have a look at the documentation
section on http://typo3.org/, these pages rely completely on OOo documents.

A while ago I have already suggested that it would be great to have this
ability on the local installation, too. See:

Cheers, michael
--
Want support? Please read the list rules first: http://typo3.org/1438.0.html