[Typo3-dev] Re: Java 170

Bjoern Schotte schotte at mayflower.de
Sun Aug 22 11:57:52 CEST 2004

Hi Peter,

> Soemtimes you might have to build/use any third-application that needs
> some stuff from your CMS(maybe in you very sophisticated shop-system
> you want to display latest news from the CMS?), and if that was
> implementing this API then it probably could be used. If you later
> change the CMS to another one, the API still would be the same(if the
> CMS implements this API of course), and you don't have to change
> anything in your third-application.

Yes.

> I think we are supposed to consider this spec and probably support part
> of it.

Yes. The standard divides into 2 levels. Level 1 is the easiest
one, level 2 supports more sophisticated features like watchdogs,
workflow, transactions and such.

I expect PHP systems adopting at least level 1 and parts of level 2.
At least supporting the features they already have inside their
system over this API.

> (of course adopt it to PHP first, which is probably done by Björn
> Schotte?)

Yes, we'll port this API to PHP and OpenSource it, of course.

ThinkPHP / Mayflower GmbH                   schotte at mayflower.de
Sedanstraße 27                             Tel: 0931 / 78 43 804
97082 Würzburg                             Fax: 0931 / 78 43 795
* http://www.thinkphp.de/ *     http://blog.rent-a-phpwizard.de/