[Typo3-dev] RFC: Developer conferences, meetings and fun

dan frost dan at danfrost.co.uk
Fri Aug 20 15:17:03 CEST 2004

Dear all,

Recently, there have been talks about a developer conference and, after
talking to Kasper, Robert, Daniel etc we have decided to gather more
information on what such a conference might be like.

Who would like a developer conference - more like a conference than the
snowboard tour? What would you like to do at it? Should there be talks,
lectures, presentations, case-studies? Where should it be?

There are *two parts* to this posting:
1. This thread - please share all your ideas
2. A survey (see below) - to be emailed straight to survey at danfrost.co.uk

So, while you all (!) fill in the short survey so that we get an idea of
who wants what, please also reply to this thread listing everything
you'd like to see.

The plan is:
- to find out who wants what
- to get people involved in setting it up
- to set it up and do it!

Many Thanks,
dan

= T3Conference survey

Please forward your answers to survey at danfrost.co.uk. Try not to mess
around with the formatting as I'm just going to reg-exp it to get the
answers!

There are 9 questions.

Q1. How would you describe your involvement with TYPO3? Developer, user,
sales?
ANSWER #1: (write your answer here)

Q2. In what country do you live?
ANSWER #2: (write your answer here)

Q3. Have you ever attended the TYPO3 snowboard tour?
ANSWER #3: (write your answer here)

Q4. Please answer 1-5 to any things you'd like to see at a conference.
1=not much/don't care; 5=want it/must have it!

A4.1: Presentations by developers:
A4.2: Collaborative development sessions (i.e. doing development at the
conference):
A4.3: TYPO3 website case studies:
A4.4: TYPO3 extension case studies:
A4.5: Talks by the core developers on how they work:
A4.6: Talks by the core developers their aims:
A4.7: Extension development workshops:
A4.8: Extension development lectures/talks:
A4.9: Talks by TYPO3 consultancies (i.e. what they do):
A4.10: Seminars/organsed discussions between consultancies:
A4.11: TypoScript tutorials/workshops/lectures:
A4.11: TYPO3 admin tutorials/workshops/lectures:

Q5. Please list any other things you'd like to see at the conference
that weren't listed in Q4.
ANSWER #5: (write your answer here)

Q6. How long should the conference be?
ANSWER #6: (write your answer here - in days)

Q6. In what country should the conference take place?
ANSWER #6: (write your answer here)

Q7. What time of year should the conference happen?
ANSWER #7: (write your answer here)

Q8. How much would you be willing to pay - for example, for a 4 day
conference excluding board/food.
ANSWER #8: (write your answer here- in Euros)

Q9. Please add any further comments/ideas:
ANSWER #9: (write your answer here)

Q10. Please give you name and contact details
ANSWER #10: (write your answer here)

Many thanks,
dan frost