[Typo3-dev] Database Relation fields and recursive/cascade delete of records?

Andy Fedotov fischie at intellex.ru
Fri Aug 20 12:02:36 CEST 2004

Hi!

I has two tables within my extention. One holds records for Items,
and another holds records for Contaners.
In TCA I has database relation between Items and Containers,
that is Items can be placed into Containers.
It is possible-whether to code automatic recursive/cascade deletion of
related Items and Containers records, when I delete Container record
from standard "List" module?
I look at the code of t3lib_TCEmain::deleteRecord, and there is no
any callbacks like "beforeDeleteRecord". Is it time to add this
feature to TYPO3 core?

And what is the "best practice" methods to solve this?

Thanks!

--
see u.. af.