[Typo3-dev] RTE add multiple <p>&nbsp;</p> before real content

Rob De Vries spam_this at pandora.be
Thu Aug 19 17:22:25 CEST 2004

ahaa  i have found my own post, (clearly in the wrong list,  sorry for
that.)
did click send, but couldn"t remember at what list i posted it in  lol
thats what you get when you are doing 1000 things at a time.

Hey Ben, (dutch= ging jij niet op vakantie?)

> Welcome to RTE madness! The "<p></p> around every sentence" is probably
> caused by your textfile having linebreaks. Check that!. That seems the
only
> logical thing. I allways convert textfiles first with NoteTab with the
> compress command. That gets rid of the unwanted linebreaks.

Indeed, i also convert my text first with a notepad alike  (metapad.exe  a
slight improved notepad version, used it for txt-import files in flash,
beuase it can safe text files in unix text/dos/unicode etc...and can unwrap
lines with a simpel clicky)
still there is this <p>&nbsp;</p> issue where the RTE adds these themself.
sometimes these <p>'s are added in the RTE when i start a news content
element. So before i paste or type my first letter, i allreay find 1, 2 or
even more of these <p>'s

> > strange i find so many posts about this subject (the RTE).
> > My clients will work with the RTE most of the time, and the RTE will be
> > there most important tool for typo.
> > this is what they want, add text the same way they add text in there MS
Word
> > thingy.
> > So a malfunctioning RTE isn't a good thing for typo.
> >
> > All info about the RTE is spreaded around, a thousand different
explanations
> > why this or that doesn't work.

> I found it to be pretty stable now with my own tweaked css_styled_content.
> WORD files are converted properly (Only the "namespace" issue remains, but
> there is a regex fix for that). Don't expect Word files with tons of
native
> MS stuff like layers to get converted properly though.

i forbit my clients to use any word-files what-so-ever. you just can't
explain to them why they can NOT use there own twinkling headers, own ugly
colors, backgrounds, rules, images and all the other stuff they like to do
with ther ms-word-thingy...
Sometimes i realy behave like a webmaster, and there are my webslaves  lol.
(shame om me)

> > What is also the best second choose for a RTE when the standard RTE
can't be
> > used? (fx: client refuses to work with IE )
> > after alot of installing, deinstalling reinstalling etc ...
rte_pb_htmlarea
> > seems to me the best replacement. i guess...
> > i think it is better to give 1 second option for the standard RTE and
drop
> > all the rest. this will make it all a less confusing.
>
> This editor is super, bui\t there seems to be little support from the guy
> that made the extension (maybe he is on a holiday)
>
> > sorry to say this, but i think all this RTE bussines is a mess ....
> > please prove to me i'm wrong  ;)
>
> I found the whole matter to become very messy when using other extensions.
> tt_news insists on converting <hx> to <typohead type="x"> and we
experienced
> some issues with the tags extension Carlos Chiari did. The latter was
fixed
> (by Carlos) by using proc.typolist = 0. We still couldn't fix the Header
> issue yet, though. I agree with you that it is messy, but that is more
> likely to be caused by our ignorance on the subject rather than the RTE
> being buggy or something along that lines. The APIs document provides some
> good guidelines.
>
> Good luck
hehe  tnx   :')