[Typo3-dev] Extending the fe_users table

Michael Stucki mundaun at gmx.ch
Thu Aug 12 14:29:08 CEST 2004

Martin T. Kutschker wrote:

> I like the idea of moving fields from fe_users to tt_address. But this
> will break some extensions and installations. AFAIK the policy is not do
> do such things.

Maybe this should also be discussed some day. I personally don't think that
a site that was developed with TYPO3 3.6.0 should not be migrated to 3.7.0
when it's out. Therefore it is IMHO not needed to provide backwards
compatibility of years.

Moving some fields from fe_users to tt_address makes sense in my eyes and
should not be dropped because of backwards compatibility to an older
version of TYPO3.

BTW, this is one more reason why we have the patch releases that promise
full compatibility although they fix some important bugs.

But as I said, this should go into a separate thread...

- michael
--
Want support? Please read the list rules first: http://typo3.org/1438.0.html