[Typo3-dev] New content element - div container

Christopher tombedlam at yahoo.com
Thu Aug 12 04:24:21 CEST 2004

Hiya,

--- Toni Milovan <tmilovan at efpu.hr> wrote:

> Thanks for feedback,
>
> Yes, I've seen that... But the concept I desribed is appliable even
> without using templavoila, thus making it great when someone rebuilds
> his site to comply with webstandards.org recommandations... and also
> gives great flexibility for converting existing content, or when
> redisigning site....
>
> And more than anything, It seems to me it should be fairly simple to
> build such record type which will alow users to easily use css based
> layouts.

You don't need to use the TV Page part of the BE to nest content items
(which is what I take you to be talking about). Create a TV template
and DS where one of the fields is for 'content', then insert a flexible
content item using the new DS and template by the regular process.
Then, put a few content items INTO it. After that, try putting a new
flexible content item using the new DS and template INTO it as well.
THEN, put some more content items into the new FCE... See where this is
going?

The *really* nice thing about this is that the time it takes to go from
HTML prototype to DS and template can often be measured in minutes...

-Christopher