[Typo3-dev] RFC: New access control options

Rafael Schär typo at goldkueste.ch
Wed Aug 11 10:11:03 CEST 2004

Peter Niederlag wrote:

> Hi,
>
> Christian Jul Jensen schrieb am 10.08.2004 um 09:54 Uhr CEST
>

>>Kasper Skårhøj <kasper2004 at typo3.com> writes:
>>

>>>So, the question is; What mode should be the default in the next
>>>release?
>>
>>I would say 'explictAllow'. IMHO, that's the thing that makes most
>>sense in general.
>>
>>For the upgrading issues I sugges, a good and short how-to on how to
>>change the setting and/or grant the access.
>>
>>(anyway, it seems like I'm outnumbered here)
>

> game is not over. ;)
>
> I think we should also take some "design"-considerations into account
> and not only try to make things work for any DAU(~newbie), that doesn't
> care to read docs.
>
> I think we should go for the "secure" way, explicitAllow. That also
> correspons to "allowdExcludeFields" which have to be _activated_.
> Everybody knows that by now.

I am coincident in opinion, we all know this concept.
Normally a CE won't see anything, so I want to allow explicitly , what
he can use.
A CE more or less uses the same kind of rights, but the numbers of used
plugins vary in quantity.

May you could implement something like a profile presets? Or a way to
copy-paste rights? makes this sense?

greetinx

Rafael