[Typo3-dev] RFC: New access control options

Peter Niederlag niederlag at ikd01.de
Wed Aug 11 08:22:57 CEST 2004

Hi,

Christian Jul Jensen schrieb am 10.08.2004 um 09:54 Uhr CEST

> Kasper Skårhøj <kasper2004 at typo3.com> writes:
>
> > So, the question is; What mode should be the default in the next
> > release?
>
> I would say 'explictAllow'. IMHO, that's the thing that makes most
> sense in general.
>
> For the upgrading issues I sugges, a good and short how-to on how to
> change the setting and/or grant the access.
>
> (anyway, it seems like I'm outnumbered here)

game is not over. ;)

I think we should also take some "design"-considerations into account
and not only try to make things work for any DAU(~newbie), that doesn't
care to read docs.

I think we should go for the "secure" way, explicitAllow. That also
correspons to "allowdExcludeFields" which have to be _activated_.
Everybody knows that by now.

I think ML and doc will help to cover problems with newbies, so we
should rarther decide on what we think is the better "method"/"design".

Cheers,
Peter

P.S.: Don't count my vote again, already posted that yesterday. ;)
--
Peter Niederlag
*** Typo3 und IT-Dienstleistungen ***