[Typo3-dev] RFC: New access control options

Kasper Skårhøj kasper2004 at typo3.com
Mon Aug 9 23:38:33 CEST 2004

On Mon, 2004-08-09 at 18:12, Troels Kjær Rasmussen wrote:
> Hi Kasper
>
> ExplicitDeny deny seems fine - with the option to revert the given values to ExplicitAllow.

OK,

You cannot mix explicitAllow for individual items when the default is
explicitDeny though.

> A couple of questions:
>
> 1. Will this be set in the begroup-table just as it is now? or is this a per user definition? the first option seems obvious to me, since you only have to alter the rights of the groups/ROLES.

It is a part of the be_groups access lists - no more, no less.

> 2. Could begroup settings be overwritten with e.g. userTS?

I'm reluctant for security reasons; I don't like having "hardcore"
permissions set in TSconfig so I would avoid this.

> Furthermore I´d just like to say THANX - have been waiting for this for a long time.

You are welcome.

- kasper