[Typo3-dev] Typo3 backend login and proxy servers

Kristian Kristensen kk at cs.auc.dk
Sun Aug 8 18:01:56 CEST 2004

Hi Kasper, and all,

The information you provided plus information I got from my proxy provider,
gives the solution. Apparently the proxy server I sit behind has a round
robin configuration: It simply shifts it's incoming connections out to
different other proxy servers, and each external proxy has a different ip
address.
So that coupled with the  locking to login ip address explains why I get
thrown off.

Thanks for the reply, I'll go bang my proxy provider on the head now ;-)

Best,
Kristian Kristensen

"Kasper Skårhøj" <kasper2004 at typo3.com> wrote in message
news:mailman.66.1091912760.5488.typo3-dev at lists.netfielders.de...
> Two things changed:
>
> 1) backend sessions are locked to the HTTP_USER_AGENT value so sessions
> cannot easily be hijacked.
> 2) backend sessions are locked to the IP address meaning that a change
> in IP adress will throw you off.
>
> - kasper
>
> On Sat, 2004-08-07 at 18:10, Kristian Kristensen wrote:
> > Hi all,
> >
> > When I connect to <mysite>/typo3 and try to logon I get an error, saying
> > that cookies must be enabled for me to use the system. However, the
problem
> > is only there when I use a proxy server. I'm using Typo3 version 3.6.2
> > With version 3.5 I didn't have these problems.
> >
> > So the question is: has anything changed involving cookie handling upon
> > backend login from version 3.5 to 3.6?
> >
> > Of course the simple solution would be that the proxy server is set up
> > drop any cookies, but that doesn't explain why it used to work in v.
3.5...