[Typo3-dev] How to pass var's from wizard_add.php

David Bruehlmeier nospam at nospam.com
Fri Aug 6 11:56:52 CEST 2004

Hi list,

how can I pass variables (for instance using
$GLOBALS['T3_VAR']['ext']['my_extension']) from wizard_add.php? I would like
to pass variable to the hook 'processDatamap_preProcessFieldArray' in TCE
Main. Somehow, any changes of global variables in this script do not get any
further.

Any hint will be appreciated! Thank you very much,
Dave.

Additional Information
*****************
What I'm trying to do: I have a main table and a secondary table. Records
from the secondary table are linked to the main table using an mm-table. In
TCE there's a selector box linking the two tables. What I would like to do
is fill an extra field on the secondary table (a 'passthrough'-field defined
in $TCA) with the uid of the main table, as soon as a new record is created
using the add-wizard.

I figured it might be the best solution to make the UID of the main table
globally available in the wizard-script and then use the hook
'processDatamap_preProcessFieldArray' in TCE Main to add the info before the
record of the secondary table is written to the DB.

Perhaps there is a better (and simpler) solution to this problem?