[Typo3-dev] Passing arbitrary values to an extension (not predefined by a selectorbox)

Rainer Kuhn kuhn at punkt.de
Tue Aug 3 16:38:43 CEST 2004

Hi Ingmar,

thanks for your hints!

> So why not just create a string input field instead of a selector box?
> Do you know the Extension Kickstarter?

Of course I know the kickstarter, but apparently not enough in detail. ;-)
I overlooked the possibility to change the type of input field and thought
extending tt_content for a plugin results  always in a selectorbox - due to
your hint a found out that's an error in reasoning....

>> the CODE field, which is deprecated AFAIK
>
> It is deprecated for the purpose of selecting different "views" of
> extensions like LIST, SINGLE, ARCHIVE or stuff like that.
> For your purpose the CODE field seems just fine.

That's also good to know - I assumed the CODE field is deprecated in general.

With these infos I presumably can manage what I wanted to do.

Thx & Cheers,
Rainer