[Typo3-dev] Passing arbitrary values to an extension (not predefined by a selectorbox)

Rainer Kuhn kuhn at punkt.de
Tue Aug 3 10:07:02 CEST 2004

Hi list,

I'm working on a frontend plugin extension that sends request via SNMP and
displays the results on a TYPO3 page. For this issue it would be a good
feature if the user could enter the SNMP object id, e.g.
"1.3.6.1.4.1.5040.1.2.1.1.4.1.1." (or parts of it), when he inserts the
plugin into a page. Like this it would be easy to send SNMP requests to
arbitrary SNMP objects.

Using a selectorbox via extending tt_content does not offer the possibility
to enter arbitrary strings. The only way I know so far to offer the user a
possiblity to enter arbitrary strings and pass them to an extension is the
CODE field, which is deprecated AFAIK
(http://typo3.org/documentation/mailing-lists/user-list-archive/thread/29/?tx_maillisttofaq_pi1%5Bsort%5D=view_stat%3A1&tx_maillisttofaq_pi1%5Bmode%5D=5).

Is there any other possiblity to pass arbitrary values (which are not
predefined by a selectorbox) to an extension?

Thanks for any hints!

Regards,
Rainer