[Typo3-dev] Re: The future of typo3

Michael Zedeler michael at zedeler.dk
Mon Oct 27 23:23:49 CET 2003

Jan-Hendrik Heuing [netfielders] wrote:

 > I wrote:
>>Example 1: Dating
>>Each user can edit his/her own profile along with a number of ordinary=
>>cms-pages.
>
> Ok, I get the point. I didn't see it from this side. As long as it's for
> profiles, you'll be fine with creating some extension quickly. Having whole
> pages... At least I get the point ! While thinking about it, I got some
> ideas where this could be useful.

It is an obvious way to solve a lot of otherwise cumbersome problems.
For fast-deployed mockups or early releases of some projects, one can
use plain cms-pages in stead of actual modules.

>>With regard to LDAP: yes. But why is it suddently is okay with you=
>>to merge the two structures just because the data has been moved=
>>to LDAP...?
>
> Well, I didn't say it's okay with me, I just said it's possible. But now it
> makes sense to me too ;)

Nice.

Regards,

Michael.

P.s. a dealine is closing in fast so I may not be answering posts here
very frequently for the next 14 days.