[Typo3-dev] Re: The future of typo3

Michael Zedeler michael at zedeler.dk
Mon Oct 27 23:17:52 CET 2003

Hi Daniel,

Daniel Hinderink [TYPO3] wrote:
> I spent so much time on this thread, because I want to get at the heart of
> the "future of typo3" proposition.
>
> It is clear that there is truth to some of the points and it all is
> certainly worth considering, but it is not about adding some more
> functionality, but redefining basic concepts.

I couldn't agree more. My original mail did not address extra
functionality that wasn't there in some form. Rather a more modular and
uniform approach to the different parts of the system. My guess is that
some of the proposals that I have made could cut down the number of
lines in the code base.

> To summarize this one last time: I think this is a fundamental question,
> wether TYPO3 as it is today, can or should be made into such a more
> portal-like architecture in the many relevant areas, like user management,
> automatic form generation across the system (also in the frontend), more
> modularity, code reusability etc. etc.

 > It most certainly is not about creating more code on top of what is
 > there, it is about fundamental changes.

I think that typo3 can be refactored to provide a lot of options usable
for people like me *without* breaking ties with the existing funtionality.

Regards,

Michael.