[Typo3-dev] Automatically removing metadata from jpg's

Martin Kutschker martin.t.kutschker at blackbox.net
Fri Oct 17 08:41:10 CEST 2003

Hi Ådne!

> My main concern was to avoid sites beeing destroyed due to faulty IE
> behaviour and reducing filesizes. Normally people wouldn't need metadata
> in pics for the web, at least I never do.

You wouldn't want the comment, but the profile *could* be used by the browser. I admit that I have no idea if it is used by any browser today (I recall having read about profiles somewhere on the Mozilla site).

I agree that profiles don't matter (much) for your avergage navigation image, but for hi-quality pics it may be of importance.

And even for the comment there are uses: embedded title, copyright info etc.

> I agree with you that it would probably be a good idea to take a general
> approach. I'm not into typo3-source but a solution may be to add
> comment/profile properties to image-objects in typoscript. That way you
> can set these parameters the same way you set width/height and so on.
> I'm not sure.

Setting or unsetting label/comment shoud be straightforward and easy for the content element. The profile would require rather an awkward configuration, since you have to add a file to the image. But of course Typo3 could come with a default  set of profiles. I am no graphic artist, so I dont know if  a limited set of profiles makes sense.

- Martin Kutschker (masi)

This thread is located in the archive at this URL:
http://typo3.org/1427+M5adc5816708.0.html