[Typo3-dev] Automatically removing metadata from jpg's

Ådne Hovda aadne at hovda.no
Thu Oct 16 18:52:50 CEST 2003

> where do you intend this feature? And how would you like to configure
> it? I don't think that removing meta information for ALL images
> makes sense. OTOH, deliberatly *setting* the comment might be more
> interesting.
>
> BTW, there is also a -label for PNG that you may also want to remove.
>
> - Martin Kutschker (masi)
>
> PS: Watermarking of images might be fun as well.

My main concern was to avoid sites beeing destroyed due to faulty IE
behaviour and reducing filesizes. Normally people wouldn't need metadata
in pics for the web, at least I never do.

I agree with you that it would probably be a good idea to take a general
approach. I'm not into typo3-source but a solution may be to add
comment/profile properties to image-objects in typoscript. That way you
can set these parameters the same way you set width/height and so on.
I'm not sure.

Ådne