[Typo3-dev] how to help with v3.6 (1h)

ben van 't ende [netcreators] ben at netcreators.nl
Thu Oct 9 22:13:58 CEST 2003

Kurt Dirnbauer | web:consulting wrote:

>>yeah you might have missed something ;-) ofcourse you can check the new
>>version. give a detailed description of what might be wrong when you
>>find something and maybe a solution or suggestion. i am sure kasper will
>>be grateful for any help. there is something on the dl page about that,
>
> not?
>
> thanks ben,
>
> is it useful to eg. move "old" projects to
> the new version and see if everything works? (don't know)
> if i just "browse" through the new version i will not find many erorrs.

hi kurt,

i allways use my personal website to check new versions. i unpack that
version next to the others version(s) and change the symlinks in the
website folder from for instance:

typo3 -> ../../typo3_src-3.5.0/typo3
tslib -> ../../typo3_src-3.5.0/tslib
t3lib -> ../../typo3_src-3.5.0/t3lib

typo3 -> ../../typo3_src-3.6.0-dev/typo3
tslib -> ../../typo3_src-3.6.0-dev/tslib
t3lib -> ../../typo3_src-3.6.0-dev/t3lib

when things go wrong i change back the symlinks. as i understood ot
there is no need to update the db.

grtz

ben
--
netcreators :: creation and innovation
www.netcreators.nl - www.typo3.nl

"If you have received a precise and workable reply to your question, you
are obligated to give something back...please log onto typo3.org and
create an FAQ or HOWTO from the thread (just open the thread and click
the "make FAQ or HOWTO" link), so everyone else can benefit from the
knowledge that you just gained!"