[Typo3-dev] flash rte

Thomas Murphy murphy at thepanemgroup.com
Thu Oct 9 12:47:20 CEST 2003

>>A flash based rte would be the best solution - also for mac-users.
>>

>Possibly also al lot of work. Whatever is done it might envolve some work.

What i meant was: a flash-based rte would run on nearly all platforms
just with the installation of a plugin,
if you want to do a rte for mozilla seperately in a branch you have to
care for two versions of rte code.
This would really be more work, even if i would personally like to see a
midas-based alternative because
of the more exact preview you get in the editor.

>I do not think that Kasper will *replace* a working IE rte with anything.

He doesn't have to, afaik the rte is just some sort of regular
extension, wich can be replaced by anyone
who likes to.
But if the midas-alternative is built by someone, i think it would be
the best solution to bundle
it with the standard ie rte, to provide a clean cross-browser-solution.

bye,
Murphy