[Typo3-dev] [OT?] TS and TeX

Christian Jul Jensen christian at jul.net
Wed Oct 1 12:25:19 CEST 2003

Hi Dan

On Wed, 01 Oct 2003 10:25:26 +0100, dan frost <dan at danfrost.co.uk>
wrote:

> General question: has anyone else played with, or used, TeX?

I've been using LaTeX as my primary wordprocessor for five years or so.

> I was
> playing with it yesterday and it occured to me that, in a similar way
> that TeX (esp. LaTeX) is for configuring/organising well-structured
> documents, TypoScript is for configuring/building (functionaly
> organised) websites.
>
> Any thoughts?

You could say so in some ways I guess. But TeX is more directed towards
being intertwined with the content, where as TS is definetly meant to be
a configuration of how to process the content outside of the content.

Also of course LaTeX is far more complicated, I wouldn't be surprised if
it is actually turing-compatible, is has proper conditional statements
and everything.

Why do you wonder? (plain geekiness i suppose ;) )

--
Christian Jul Jensen
Freelance webprogrammer