[Typo3-dev] image processing and Typo3

Michiel van Leening leening at saurus.nl
Mon Nov 10 09:00:20 CET 2003

On Sun, 2003-11-09 at 16:58, Michael Stucki wrote:
> Michiel van Leening wrote:
>
> >> PHP 5.0 seems to have an ImageMagick module, and, if I understand it
> >> correctly, Kasper and others are working on an enhanced version of GD2.
>
> > There's such a module for 4.3.x as well, it's called imagick. See
> > http://pecl.php.net/package/imagick
>
> This could solve some problems with safe-mode, but it would require your ISP
> to load this module for _all_ customers. I'm sure he won't do that, so it
> could only help people with root privileges, and in this case we're back
> there where you can simply disable the safe-mode.

Please look at http://www.php.net/manual/en/function.dl.php which is
specifically for these kinds of problems.

You <never> have to load any module for _all_ customers. I never do,
anyway.

---

Met vriendelijke groeten,
Michiel van Leening
 Saurus Internet - http://www.saurus.nl/ - info at saurus.nl
     Vestesingel 8, 9408 CA - Assen, The Netherlands
    tel: +31 (0)592.461.467 - fax: +31 (0)84.86.88.007

     Michiel van Leening - Internet Application Developer
 leening at saurus.nl - gsm: +31 (0)65.57.12.693 - ICQ#51566230
      Registered with the Linux Counter. ID #39463