[Typo3-dev] Adding new CType to content type selection menu

Mark Hewitt scriptsmiths at absamail.co.za
Thu Nov 6 18:31:11 CET 2003

Hi,

I am trying to add a new "content type" that can appear in the list of
content types when you edit the body text of a border/page content element
( the dropdown containing Text/Text w'th Image/TextBox/HTML/etc ).

What I want to type to do is allow a user to specify an HTML template that
can be used to format his body and header text. The HTML template will
contain markers where the header/body text the user enters into the typo3
backend is inserted.

This will allow a user to "reuse" the same layout for many elements, and by
just changing the HTML template affect a change in look for all those items.

I have a succeeded in addng a new type to the dropdown list, initially
simply duplicating the functionality of the HTML element.

My problem is every time it attempts to render this Typo3 displays an error
"CType 'html_layout' not defined!"
html_layout is the name I gave my elements in the content type array.
Here is my content type array entry:

  "html_layout" => Array("showitem" => "CType;;4;button;1-1-1,
header;LLL:EXT:lang/locallang_general.php:LGL.name;;;2-2-2,
   bodytext;LLL:EXT:cms/locallang_ttc.php:bodytext.ALT.html;;nowrap;3-3-3")

Does anybody have suggestions as to what I have missed in implementing this?

Many thanks in advance,
Mark