[Typo3-dev] imageMagick and TYPO 3.6

Swen Thuemmler swen.thuemmler at telefonica.de
Thu Nov 6 09:00:55 CET 2003

On Wed, Nov 05, 2003 at 10:41:22PM +0100, Christian Rasmussen wrote:
> Hi Christopher,
>
> you are having good experiences with 5.5.7 ???
> That sounds really interesting!
>
> I am having quite a fight with my webhotel/host,
> because they are running 5.4.6 and that version
> does not give good results on the installation
> page where you can test the image rendering facilities.
>
> My webhotel says that they will not go back to
> an older version, even though I am trying to
> convince them that 4.2.9 is better. But if I suggest
> installing 5.5.7 I think they will, so could
> you please tell me how the results are for the
> 5.5.7 version on the installation page....and
> are you running on unix os?

Hi,

I'm having good experiences with 5.5.6 (Solaris 2.8). I use the following
configuration in install tool:
ImageMagick enabled: 1
ImageMagick path: /usr/local/bin/ (5.5.6)
ImageMagick path/LZW: ()
Version 5 flag: 1

GDLib enabled: 1
GDLib using PNG: 1
GDLib 2 enabled: 1
IM5 effects enabled: 1 (Blurring/Sharpening with IM 5+)
Freetype DPI: 96 (Should be 96 for Freetype 2)
Mask invert: 0 (Should be set for some IM versions approx. 5.4+)

File Formats: gif,jpg,jpeg,tif,bmp,pcx,png,pdf,ai

GD is 2.0.12, freetype is 2.1.4

Hope this helps.

--Swen