[Typo3-dev] VirusDetection in Typo3

D.Lemckert2 at MINDEF.nl D.Lemckert2 at MINDEF.nl
Wed Nov 5 09:30:13 CET 2003

Hello,

as stated before, I'm currently trying to implement virus detection in
Typo3.
At the moment, I'm able to detect for viruses through the fileadmin module
by injecting a piece of code in the 'class.t3lib_extfilefunc.php' in the
function func_upload()

if ($theNewFile) {
  $retCheck = Check_for_virus($theFile);
  if ($retCheck[0] == 2 || $retCheck[0] == 3 || $retCheck[0] == 4 ||
$retCheck[0] == 9) {
  $Virus_ret = $retCheck[1];
  $this->writelog(1,1,101,"Uploaded file contains a virus.($Virus_ret) It is
not placed. Please consult your system administrator!!!","");
  } else {
    t3lib_div::upload_copy_move($theFile,$theNewFile);
    clearstatcache();

The function Check_for_virus() is injected by including the .php file which
runs the file throuch the checker.

this construct happily removes all viruses my checker is aware of in the
file-admin module.
However, when I'm using the content-item filelink, which allows me to point
to a file to be uploaded it doesn't work.
I presume the content-item doesn't use the class.t3lib_extfilefunc.php but I
can't check it, because I haven't got a clue where and how this content-item
runs it's code.

The goal of this virus-check routine is to be unobtrusive as possible. I'd
hate to have different parts of the core code modified. I'd like it when
it's possible that just one location of the code need be modified to have
general virus-checking throughout the Typo-system. so, having to modify lots
of files isn't actually an option here...

Any help would be appriciated.

> Met vriendelijke groet,
>
> UWS Rijswijk
> Dennis Lemckert
>
> Telefoon:	070-4146000
> MDTN:		*06-546-46000
> Fax:		070-4146002
> E-mail:		Lemckert, D. DTO/SLWPD/LAN2000
> E-mail:		d.lemckert2 at mindef.nl
>
> Bezoekersadres:
> Wingsgebouw, 5e etage
> Laan van Oversteen 20
> 2289 CX  Rijswijk
>
> Voor parkeren bij het Winggebouw gaarne
> uw naam + kenteken registreren bij bovengenoemde of bij:
> Manuela Burhenne, Officemanager,
> Telefoonnummer 070-4146010
> Voor voldoende beschikbaarheid van de parkeerplaatsen raden
> wij u aan ruim (uiterlijk 1 dag) vantevoren  te reserveren.

 <<...OLE_Obj...>>