[Typo3-dev] thoughts on the FE lib

Martin Kutschker martin.t.kutschker at blackbox.net
Tue Nov 4 11:14:10 CET 2003

Hi Daniel!

> > Nothing's wron with JS and eg form validation. I was referring to the
> > fact that FE-lib uses JS to *pass*on* data (it uses empty  HTML forms
> > and an "update" script code).
>
> Ok. You are right. The solution I am working on right now provides a
> plugin wich dynamically produces the input forms for any given table
> and passes those as templates to an adapted fe_adminLib.inc. This
> relies on JS for passing on data. right. Changing the current JS update
> mechanism into writing values directly into the fields might be tricky
> but should be possible.

Anything worng with using ###FIELD...# for initial display and hidden display for preview purposes?

> I will not have the resources to push the
> development into this direction right now, unless a sponsor or a
> determined client comes along. Would you (or anyone out there!)

I am interested in a replacement for fe_adminLib.inc. The library as it is, is hard to understand and is IMHO not easy to extend. Break the code and pick up the good pieces. I only hacked at it because I needed a solution fast.

Masi