[Typo3-dev] bibliographic standards?

Troels Kjær Rasmussen troelsr at msn.com
Mon Nov 3 21:37:32 CET 2003

Hi Daniel

Aha! - What I´m thinking of is appearently the OWL project, I think - I read up on it, and realized, that it´s some sort of objects, identifiers or language, that can be used programmaticly to figure out and interact between data?

The UNIMARC system is a set of dataspecifications agreed on internationally by bibliographic institutions (libraries, universities etc.) - My thought was that fields could be named accordingly to that standard, and thereby be identified and manipulated with. - It´s hard to explain all about, so heres a couple of links:

http://www.ifla.org/VI/3/p1996-1/unimarc.htm

http://www.ifla.org/VI/3/p1996-1/sec-uni.htm

http://www.loc.gov/marc/

http://www.tlcdelivers.com/tlc/crs/gen0001.htm

I don´t know if this is compatible or could be a bonus in conjunction with OWL? or if OWL requires specific namings of database-fields too?

If you have the time, it would be great I you wrote a 15 line introduction to what OWL is and what it would mean?

Greetings

- Troels Kjær Rasmussen (troelsr)

This thread is located in the archive at this URL:
http://typo3.org/1427+M5a47f5b7177.0.html