[Typo3-dev] thoughts on the FE lib

Daniel Thomas dev at dpool.net
Sun Nov 2 11:27:15 CET 2003

Hi Martin,

I assume that the context of this mail is the discussion on how to deal
with FE-edit functionality.

> Hi!
>
> Some points:
>
> - Don't make the lib rely on Javascript or any other client technology
> for form preview/submission.

A good solution must include both.

> - Have "display values" for "text fields" and "bitmask arrays", eg
> internal values 0/1 are displayed as male/female or value 5 is
> displayed as "yellow,blue" given that bit 0="yellow" and bit 2="blue".
> *)

I do not get the point.

> - Allow upload fields to be previewed and changed **)

The first step would be solution to make upload fields editiable again.

> - Field validation must not prevent form submission if a field is not
> required and empty (eg email validation chokes on empty fields). *)

right.

> - use TCA or an extension of it for validation and labels, but allow
> to extend/change for FE purposes.

right.

> Masi
>
> *) I have done a (private) enhancement for fe_adminLib.inc on these
> matters.
>
> **) Here I have a crude hack for image fields with maxItems=1.

would you share the code you have written? I am currently working on a
overall solution.

Greetings

Daniel

--/

Daniel Thomas dpool

Hinderink und Thomas Partnerschaft IT-Berater und Projektmanager

Isartorplatz 5 | D-80331 München
t 08912018917 | m 01793918781 | eFax 02561959115820

http://www.dpool.net | http://www.typergy.com

/--