[Typo3-dev] Typo3 in multiple databases

dan frost dan at danfrost.co.uk
Thu Jul 17 11:25:23 CEST 2003

Dear all,

Has anybody implemented a more modular version of type by splitting the
database into "core typo3 database" and "site-specifc database".

It occured to me that, if you split the database into two parts you
could hold one, central installation of Typo3 (the core typo3 database)
and many, completely independent Typo3-based sites.

The advantage being that, like virtual hosting/managed servers/etc, if
one site's database (the site-specific database) goes down, none of the
others do.

(This comes from personal experience of corrupt MySQL tables causing the
access to any table to be impossible.)

Just a thought - I can explain more, if anyone's interested.
dan