[Typo3-dev] Hosting of videos -using an inteligent chooser

Jan-Hendrik Heuing [netfielders] jh at netfielders.de
Fri Jul 4 11:24:29 CEST 2003

If you want that, the most easy way is setting up another DNS-name with
round-robin. I could easily do that, I guess Kasper could do it as well. If
you add 3-4 IPs, you're set...

No scripting needed at all.... We do the same with out hosting-platform: If
you access netfielders.de, you are forwarded to one out of two servers,
backend-web-servers might process processes as well.. ;-) Same with
typo3.com and .org

jh

"Marco Schrieck" <mschrieck at detailgetreu.de> schrieb im Newsbeitrag
news:mailman.1057237802.17446.typo3-dev at lists.netfielders.de...
Hallo

I think the good way is to mirror the files on different hosts.
Use a intelligent CGI script which redirect always to another host for
downloading these files.

Mirrors maybe found through:
 - round robin
 - try to get the nearest Mirror (from Domain Name)
 - maybe an Chooser for selecting an alternative Mirror like Sourceforge

   (with advertising and Cookie for storing your selection would be nice
:-)

An bandwidth limit inside the chooser would also be nice.

But I have no time for coding this script in the moment :(

Ciao

Marco