[Typo3-dev] Re: [Typo3] Freesite Extension

"Kasper Skårhøj" kasper at typo3.com
Sat Dec 27 20:14:30 CET 2003

I like the concept of "admin" user:

"admin" - user can do all, as a developer you don't have to think too much, admin user should only be given to trusted users
"non-admin" - these users are limited and should not be able to hack their way into the system.

The Constant Editor seems like something we could allow non-admins to use. On the surface of things that might also be true.
But access to constants is access to the "Setup" field as well - and seconds from access to PHP which means access to anything.
Therefore the conclusion is:

- it is NOT safe to allow anyone non-admin access to TypoScript Templates directly without careful data-checking because that is the same as access to the whole system.

Whether or not the Constants Editor is safely evaluating userinput I cannot say. But I didn't program it with that much security in mind! Just a warning.

God bless

- kasper