[Typo3-dev] plugin form automaker

Ingmar Schlecht ingmars at web.de
Thu Dec 25 00:22:56 CET 2003

Hi Lukas,

lukas pitschl wrote:
> i've just created some new extensions with the extension-kickstarter.
> i'm very satisfied with it, but i wanted to know if there's a way to
> group the different fields. let's pretend we have the following
> information to enter: year | month | day (that's the way the input will
> be displayed on the website.
>
> as for as i know, there are two possibilities:
> 1.) we create one field, date and the user has to do the
> input-formatting (adding the |), or
> 2.) we create one field for each information
>
> the second solution would be the better one, but then all fields would
> be displayed in different rows...
>
> so, my question, here it goes, can i group the three fields and put them
> in one row?

This is not possible in Typo3-3.5.0.
However, 3.6.0 offers some possiblilities to do that.

For example you could use so called "user" fields and write your own
form field rendering script.
I'm not sure, but perhaps the new "Flexible Form" form type also offers
the possibility to group fields as you want. The documentation for
flexible forms is expected to be released some time about late January.

- Ingmar