[Typo3-dev] Removal of t3lib/ redundancy?

=?us-ascii?Q?=22Kasper_Sk=E5rh=F8j=22?= kasper at typo3.com
Mon Dec 22 11:02:43 CET 2003

Well, you are right.

Further, my argument is counter to my own statement that the typo3/ dir must be known to the frontend so it can find global/system extensions - including resources here which might as well reveal the admin dir.

[My main reason for raising this question is that IF/when I do something about it I can rest assured that all have had a chance to object against it...]

God bless

- kasper

On 22-12-2003 at 10:17 Robert Lemke wrote:

>Hey Kasper,
>
>On Mon, 2003-12-22 at 09:35, "Kasper Skårh¸j" wrote:
>> >the most clean solution would seem to me to have everything in
>typo3/gfx/
>
>I agree.
>
>> But one problem with this solution is that the frontend also uses icons
>> from gfx/fileicons/ for instance (for file lists) - and this would reveal
>>  the typo3/ admin directory (which COULD potentially be changed) to the
>website user....
>
>But I don't like the idea of "improving" security just by changing the
>name of a directory. For those being paranoid, an additional .htaccess
>restriction should suffice (+ ip checking etc.).
>
>So I plead for removing redundancy ...
>
>--
>robert
>
>"They placed me on this earth without a manual.
> And i dare to say, iÿm doing just fine without ;)"

God bless

- kasper
- kasper

New address! (Nov. 2003)