[Typo3-dev] Removal of t3lib/ redundancy?

ben van 't ende [netcreators] ben at netcreators.nl
Mon Dec 22 00:11:05 CET 2003

Kasper Skårhøj wrote:

> Hi folks.
>
> With the event of TYPO3 3.6.0 should we finally get rid of (some of) the t3lib/ redundancy?
>

> The situation is:
>
> t3lib/ is found twice: In typo3/ and in the root of a site. t3lib/ is 900 files large now (formerly 700)
> gfx/ is redundant THREE times; in t3lib/gfx/, typo3/t3lib/gfx/ and typo3/gfx/ (there are formerly 500. now 800 icons).
>
> Suggestion:
>
> - remove t3lib/  from the siteroot and point all usage to [TYPO3_mainDir]/t3lib - this of course requires typo3/ main dir to ALWAYS be available with a website. This kind of dependancy is already a reality since global extensions must be available for the frontend.
> - move gfx/ OUT of t3lib/ and fix it to [TYPO3_mainDir] folder where it is also now. In other words, typo3/gfx/ will be the only position and all usage from t3lib/gfx/ will stop. (this alone will remove 1400 redundant files).
>
> Finally, an option could be to just do it for the gfx/ icons and leave t3lib/ for now.
>
> There are still the redundancy of tslib/ and media/ left - this is not solved yet.

the most clean solution would seem to me to have everything in typo3/gfx/

gRTz

ben
--
netcreators :: creation and innovation
www.netcreators.nl - www.typo3.nl

"If you have received a precise and workable reply to your question, you
are obligated to give something back...please log onto typo3.org and
create an FAQ or HOWTO from the thread (just open the thread and click
the "make FAQ or HOWTO" link), so everyone else can benefit from the
knowledge that you just gained!"