Icon themes (was: Re: [Typo3-dev] Removal of t3lib/ redundancy?)

Michael Stucki mundaun at gmx.ch
Sun Dec 21 04:22:30 CET 2003

Dear Kasper,

although I cannot add much useful information on your topic, I have a
suggestion/question related with the gfx/ directory:

> Finally, an option could be to just do it for the gfx/ icons and leave
> t3lib/ for now.

Did you ever think about icon themes? Are there already solutions to provide
such themes?

Yesterday, Thomas and I played a little bit with some icons while we
replaced some of them with icons from KDEs Crystal theme [1]. This could
really look great, but how could this set be appended? I don't like the
idea of simply overwriting the files in gfx/.

I see two options to do this:

- creating an extension (=> how can the paths be redefined?)
- moving gfx/* to gfx/default/* where new sets could be easily extracted
  into the gfx/ directory (this is the reason why I am adding this message
  to your thread now! Maybe consider this...)

Best regards
- michael

[1] see http://www.everaldo.com/
--