[Typo3-dev] Black border on login button in ver. 3.6.0? (A little OT)

Christopher tombedlam at yahoo.com
Thu Dec 18 18:32:59 CET 2003

Hi again,

--- Ludwik_Gorski <ludwik at iceage.pl> wrote:

> The colour of what?
> As I said, I have this border all the time, not only when the form or
> the button is in focus. I'm talking about a black, solid border.
> There
> is also a dotted one inside - this is the focus "border". After
> setting
> border to 0px, the solid one dissappears, and the button is plain
> white.
>
> Ludwik

Now I'm getting interested ;)

I know what you mean about the dotted focus border, but in IE 6 *here*
at least, form buttons have *NO* black border around them (ever!) until
some element in the form becomes active (e.g. the user clicks inside a
text field, clicks on a select box, etc). If the user then clicks
outside the form, the border disappears. Unless I'm mistaken, the
dotted border is for individual elements in focus (e.g. when the user
tabs to the 'submit' button).

As far as I can see, the behaviour of this border is absolutely
consistent; it is *NEVER* present on the button until the form is
active. (The reason the border is always present on the Typo3 3.6 login
page is because the entire page is the login form).

(Incidentally Kasper, if you're still reading this thread, making the
form enclose only the table with the login elements will apparently
eliminate the border on the button *until* the form is selected [It
works here anyway...ymmv]).

The border appears outside of the bounds of the normal css border too.
If a form button is styled with a border *of any width*, when an
element on that form is selected, a black line appears around the
*entire* button, border an all. Also as far as I can tell, it is not
affected by doctype (it seems to happen in xhtml 1.0 transitional and
4.01 strict at least).

-Christopher