[Typo3-dev] ObTS ready.

Martin Poelstra martin at beryllium.net
Wed Dec 17 14:57:07 CET 2003

Sorry to bother you again ;)

> I'm not sure - basically, in ObTS nothing is acutally put into one xml
> or another until the last minuite, so there's no parsing of XML
> necessary - it's all just configuration.

Ok, that's a good thing. I took a closer look at the code and saw that it
actually is seperated quite well at the moment. The names (html_bag,
setupHTML...) tricked me into thinking that it was too much HTML-oriented.
It might be a good idea to include some example-code of a WML (or
whatever) renderer too, more like a proof of concept.

>> Maybe you could provide a (simple) document that states what exactly
>> 'stays the same' (like you (currently) still use the Setup-field of
>> 'normal' templates), and what changes, thereby trying not to get to
>> technical.
> I will do. I've still got to document a lot of the parts of the system.
> The existing documentation was done for me  because I kept forgetting
> how to build datatypes.

I think you did a great job with ObTS so far and I know it's very tempting
to continue coding instead of writing docs :) Thanks for putting the
efforts in docs regardless of that!

> I'm working on the site in my spare time and hope to get it done by the
> end of the week.
> Anyway, I'm off to write the content for the site.

I'll just shut up then ;)

Grtz,
Martin