[Typo3-dev] ObTS ready.

dan frost dan at danfrost.co.uk
Tue Dec 16 19:21:02 CET 2003

> Hmmm, when I was just about to fall asleep I got an idea: I think it
> would be quite inefficient to first translate to XML, and then back to
> e.g. WML, because it would probably involve lots of regex's.
> Now, the input to setupHTML is some arrays with tags and attributes.
> Wouldn't it be nice to have a completely seperate set of classes (the
> render-classes) that actually transform these arrays to HTML, WML, XML,
> whatever?
> I don't know exactly if the current tag/attr-arrays are 'general'
> enough, maybe they should be changed slightly to be less HTML-biased
> (more XML).
> This way it is possible to directly generate the correct output-format,
> ('plain' HTML, XHTML, WML, XML, etc.) independantly from the
> TS-datatypes.
>
> Or am I now completely missing the point here? ;)

I'm not sure - basically, in ObTS nothing is acutally put into one xml
or another until the last minuite, so there's no parsing of XML
necessary - it's all just configuration.

I'm working on the site in my spare time and hope to get it done by the
end of the week.

>>P.s. I am going to launch a site on how ObTS works - it makes it a bit
>>easier to understand. Also, i'll add each API/program flow to it over
>>time.
>

> Maybe you could provide a (simple) document that states what exactly
> 'stays the same' (like you (currently) still use the Setup-field of
> 'normal' templates), and what changes, thereby trying not to get to
> technical. This way you already have a slight understanding of the
> concept when starting to read the rest of the documentation.

I will do. I've still got to document a lot of the parts of the system.
The existing documentation was done for me  because I kept forgetting
how to build datatypes.

Anyway, I'm off to write the content for the site.

dan