[Typo3-dev] how to reduce the filesize of the typo3 folder

Ingmar Schlecht ingmars at web.de
Sat Dec 13 15:08:00 CET 2003

Hi Lukas,

lukas pitschl wrote:
> well,
> my question was how i can reduce the size of my typo3 folder...
> i've just run a "du -hcs" and the result was 40 mb???, with about 20
> small pictures ( < 20 kb)...

If you are using the ZIP-package, you could try to replace the
duplicated folders (t3lib, media, etc.) with symlinks, see [1].
If you are already using symlinks, I don't think you can save much space.

However, I don't quite understand why the heavy size should be so much
of a problem while harddisk space is cheaper than 1$ US per gigabyte.

- Ingmar

[1] Installing Typo3 -> Duplicats in the ZIP distributions:
http://typo3.org/doc.0.html?&tx_extrepmgm_pi1[extUid]=265&tx_extrepmgm_pi1[tocEl]=69&cHash=51b9e8280d#oodoc_part_73