[Typo3-dev] Enabling access to Tool Section for non admins - Making another Tab for Admins

Carlos Chiari (DE) ccho at dimension-e.net
Thu Dec 11 16:16:46 CET 2003

Hi list:

Although I dont feel with the knowledge/authority to suggest things at this
list, I was told to suggest this:

Could the Dev Team (Kasper?) think about the possibility of changing the

        $MCONF["access"]="admin";

line at typo3_src/typo3/mod/tools/index.php to

        $MCONF["access"]="users,groups"

and let the Administration enable or not specific tools to Users/Groups?

It could be even enabled/disabled at the Install Tool.

And, if the Dev team think there are tools which are better left alone for
Admins, then put them in another Module (as some typo3 users have) or in the
section "Admin Functions", etc. (although I can forecast that such an
aproach would get into this same issue ...)

The users' list archive thread with the whole discussion is here:

http://typo3.org/1422+M55cbe0074b4.0.html

What is not sayed at that thread, yet, is that in such an aproach, it would
be good to know how could a module programmer enable its modules for
generating logs entries which could also be reviewed on the Log ("Viewing
logs") module, then being able to follow if a user does a backup, etc.

Best regards,

And merry holidays for you guys.

Carlos