[Typo3-dev] Image Rendering from own extension

Ingmar Schlecht ingmars at web.de
Wed Dec 10 18:07:35 CET 2003

Hi Thomas,

Thomas Murphy wrote:
> Hello everyone,
>
> im writing an extension where i want to use the typo3 gifbuilder from my
> extension and generate some text rendered as an image, with ttf etc.
> Can anyone direct me to a piece of code where this is done?
> Maybe one of the existing extensions?

basically you just have to understand what TypoScript really is (see
[1]) and then you just call all those functions like IMAGE(), FORM(),
etc from class.tslib_content.php via $this->cObj->IMAGE($conf) for example.

To understand how to use those functions from tslib_cObj, look at this
example:

$conf = array(
   "file" => "fileadmin/irgendwas.jpg",
   "width" => "200",
   "height" => "300",
);
$imgTag = $this->cObj->IMAGE($conf); // HERE WE CALL THE IMAGE FUNCTION
FROM tslib_content which is documented in the TSRef!!!, see [2]

- Ingmar

[1] TypoScript Syntax and In-depth Study
http://typo3.org/doc.0.html?&tx_extrepmgm_pi1[extUid]=264&cHash=3553a3af05

[2]  TSRef->IMAGE
http://typo3.org/doc.0.html?&tx_extrepmgm_pi1[extUid]=270&tx_extrepmgm_pi1[tocEl]=353&cHash=440681ea56

--
"If you have received a precise and workable reply to your question, you
are obligated to give something back...please log onto typo3.org and