[Typo3-dev] Image Rendering from own extension

Robert Lemke rl at robertlemke.de
Wed Dec 10 18:04:51 CET 2003

On Wed, 2003-12-10 at 17:12, Thomas Murphy wrote:
> im writing an extension where i want to use the typo3 gifbuilder from my
> extension and generate some text rendered as an image, with ttf etc.
> Can anyone direct me to a piece of code where this is done?
> Maybe one of the existing extensions?

First you should have a look at the tslib/tslib_content.php. That's the
place where all the TypoScript is rendered. That class is already
available from the scope of your frontend plugin. Example for rendering
a IMAGE object:

$conf = array (
	'file' => 'myfilename.gif',
	'alt' => 'Some Alttext',
);

$output = $this->cObj->IMAGE ($conf);
return $output;

Maybe that helps you already ...

--
robert

"They placed me on this earth without a manual.
 And i dare to say, i’m doing just fine without ;)"