[Typo3-dev] Initiating a page version feature

Michael Stucki mundaun at gmx.ch
Sat Dec 6 12:34:48 CET 2003

Hi all,

I am looking out for a feature where a page can be identified explicitely
using a version ID. This ID has increase every time when a content element
on the page changes. This is useful for manual workflows where the page is
being printed out.

Is this already possible? How?

If not, then I will try to write an extension for that, but I will probably
need some help:

What is the best strategy for that?

I could change the pages VID (version ID) right after the change of a
content element.

I could also add a VID to every element and compare a checksum of all
elements on one page whenever the page gets reloaded. This may be more
complicated, but I think this is easier to detect changes in elements of
the type "inserted record", right?

Thanks for any hints and opinions.

Regards - michael
--