[Typo3-dev] [Typo3] Request for Proposals : 4 digit $ project, extension to the Form editor

Martin-Pierre Frenette typo3 at frenette.qc.ca
Mon Aug 11 01:53:42 CEST 2003

I am in discussion with a client for implementation
of a Typo3 solution, which include a survey management
system.

The mail form editor is almost powerful enough, but lacks
a few features.

I need an extension to improve the form editor.

The extension will be made available to the general public
thru the TER and kept open-source.

We need solid proposals for developpment of the extension,
as outlined below.

============== description of the process =====================

The project has several steps, which you will notice will occur
quite fast. :

1 - The request for proposal : Deadline, Monday evening August, 11th,
Midnight EST ( that in a little over 24 hours folks... so hurry up and
fire those proposals. ).

Proposals can be informal : they will not be shown to the client anyway.

2 - Selection of the winner by Cablan.net : Tuesday, August 12th, 16h00 EST

3 - Submission of the winning bid to client ( Wednesday ).

4 - If the client approves ( THERE ARE NO GARANTEES HE WILL PICK TYPO3
AT ALL ), the contract will need to be implemented within 5 business
days of the approval of the proposal... However, approval might be this
week or next week.

We realize it is a tight schedule, but the client needs it ASAP.

It is not possible to pay a down payment, since the client will only
pay on completion. Delivery will need to be made prior to payment,
but I put my reputation ( Ask Daniel Hinderink if I can be trusted )
on the line that you will be paid.

Any proposals must be in CANADIAN dollars. Any proposal of less than
1000$ Canadian will be automatically rejected ( so bid at least 1000$ ).

There is a confidential ceiling. Any proposal exceeding the ceiling will
also be refused. This is the maximum ammount the client is willing to pay.

Proposals from certain individuals with a high reputation will be
prioritized ( ex : Kasper ).

Proposal must include a proposed schedule for implementation, a
description of the plan on how to approach the problem, and a list
of prior similiar work.

All proposals must be sent to info[at]cablan.net. They will remain
confidential, even the winning bid : by deposing a proposal, you agree
not to reveal the ammount of the bid, unless we don't pay...

We will choose any proposal we desire, and not necessarly the lowest price.

================ description of the problem ======================

The client makes online surveys to find people for medical studies.

The survey results need to be filled online and both e-mailed to a fixed
address and stored in a database for easy retrieval and analysis.

1 - The current form system outputs only to e-mail. We need a system
that when a new form is created, will let the user specify a database
name, and store the results to that database with all the entry of the form.

2 - Also, special validation is required. For example, at the question :

Are you a smoker ?

If there are no studies for people that smoke, upon clicking
"Smoking" a pop up box should display explaining that no studies
are available.

Of course, this must all be customizable using the form editor.

3 - Also, a form must be possible to span on multiple pages. In that
case, each form will be configured on a different page, but the result
must be sent and stored only once, with a union of all the field results.

4 - Finally, depending on the answers, the survey may take several paths.

For example, if the person is a smoker, a certain page will be the
second page of the form, and if the person is non smoker, another page
will be.

Or, there could be 3 paths, depending on the age entered.

For questions, contact me at : info[at]cablan.net

We will try to respond as fast as possible, but I am going to bed in a
few minutes...

Martin-Pierre Frenette
Typehead for Canada
Président, Cablan.net