[Typo3-dev] [Typo3] Is Typo3 really an open-source community ???

Martin-Pierre Frenette typo3 at frenette.qc.ca
Mon Aug 11 14:13:47 CEST 2003

I have posted yesterday a request for proposal
for sponsoring an extension to add to the form editor.

My client is ready to pay 1000$ canadian and I thought many
people would at least write to inquire.

Afterall, many extensions were developped for free with no sponsoring
of any kind.

1000$ Canadian is a lot of money for an extension I thougth would
only take a few hours to develop.

BUT, all the e-mails I received WITH NO EXCEPTION where people
complaining that my client could make a lot of money with such a
system and that I could make personally also a lot of money reselling it.

HUH ????

I do not wish to BUY the extension, I don't even want to claim I wrote it !

I want to pay someone to add it to the TER. I thought I was clear on that.

No exclusivity, nothing. It is a SPONSORSHIP, not a purchase.

Furthermore, on my client making money, it is a NON-PROFIT medical
organization that recruits sicks people for studies to see how their
medicine affected them...

It is government backed. They do not want to retrieve e-mail addresses
to sell them. They want to find sick people, and pay them to report any
problems or successes they had on their medications to inform the
government of problems.

Now, Peter Kühn made an EXCELLENT extension for saving the form results
in a database...

So, my proposal still sticks, but I drop the save to database requirement.

Now, I only need :

1 - Result from 1 form to be added to the result of a another form, to
create a multi-page form. The forms of my client often have 15 to 30 pages.

2 - Decision system on pages. It can be REALLY simple. A drop down could
contain text for the user, but the value is used to determine the next step.

3 - Validation. This could be REALLY useful for EVERYONE. It is just a
matter of adding javascript to check the results.

As I said, any proposition below 1000$ Canadian will be refused, but you
can bid higher.

Just go below 15,000$ Euros please... At Kasper's rate is is 100 hours
of work !

I could do it for less than 20 hours myself if I had the time, let alone
some of you experts out there with a lot of experience writing
Extensions !!!

Common people... Be reasonable...