[TYPO3-debian] stupid question

Fabrice Eudes fabrice.eudes at free.fr
Wed Sep 26 23:29:15 CEST 2007

Hi all,

I do not know if this is the right place for asking this question but
here it is:

what are the avantages/drawbacks of using the typo3 debian package over
a installation from the sources got on typo3.org ?

I can see some of them:
- it is all preconfigured
- files are where they should be in a debian filesystem tree

but for instance, I read (yes, I read the docs :-)) in the
/usr/share/doc/typo3/TODO.Debian

> Open tasks:
>
> - chmod/chgrp to secure permissions as recommend in INSTALL.txt

does that mean the debian package installation is less secure?

bravo (I'm french) for the package anyway, I'm just curious...