[TYPO3-debian] eaccelerator for PHP 4.4.7-0.dotdeb.1

Michael Stucki michael at typo3.org
Wed Jun 20 21:45:12 CEST 2007

Thanks for the info, Steffen! I have been working on own packages as well,
but since these look fine, I will probably just send him my improvements.

Differences that I've found between his and my packages (what would you
prefer?)

- he doesn't load the module automatically
- he loads it using "extension" while I am using zend_extension / (+..._ts)
- I append "php5" to the name of the cache directory (making it somewhat
  unique)
- My default shm_size is 16, while he is using 32

About the shm_size: I didn't check yet but wonder how this will affect
people (me!) running PHP5 trough apache2-mpm-worker and with
libapache2-mod-fcgid? Will 3 PHP threads eat 5*32 MB memory?

Thanks for a quick pointer...

- michael

--
Use a newsreader! Check out